Monday, December 28, 2009

Want to Amp your Blog Stats? Try Google Analytics

You check your subscribers and nothing, or else you find much fewer regulars than you like? So have your ever wanted to know how many people your missing or were your losing them. You need great stats! Absolutly nothing else will do to let you know whose following and where your losing them!

First I would always sugest a feedburner account. From But the even better step is an analytics account from google!
1. Check out .
2. Follow the Instructions to create a new analytics account.
3. Add your blog URL as new website and google will give you a tracking code that
you must copy for pasting later.
4. Open your bloger account and go to your dashboard.
5. Click the Layout Setting and choose the "Edit Html"Tab.
6. Paste your Analytics code in between the "body" tags.
7. Wait a day. 24 hours is the minimum amount of time Analytics takes to set up.

I fisrt learned about Analytics when creating websites for myself and my clients and it is very effective for testing content, tracking add campaigns and improving SEO results. I only recently started using it for blogs but I apprieciate the rich data it gives me and the insight into what my viewers liked and didn't.

Speeking of which If you Liked this atricle or didn't leave me some feed back!

No comments:

Post a Comment