Sunday, December 27, 2009

When's it time to give up blogging?

So I wrote about my first blog and now I want to write about my last. Okay, Okay this is not my last blog but I do think that there's a great deal of value in determining when you would give up bloging. So heres the only reason that I would give up my blog:

1. Lack of time- Lets face it if your blog becomes bi-annual it's time to let it go. Not ever blogger can blog ever day. I sure as hell can't but when it gets ridiculous give it up your readers deserve that much.

2. Lack of interest- On the part of your readers of course. If you write for you I say write for yourself forever and who cares who does or doesn't like it but if you write for money or fame you have to have a little interest or it's just not worth it. So how much is enough? It depends no your personal goals and the amount of time you have invested. So am I saying I'll quit this blog if the numbers say no? Well, I might but more than likely I will try to change the topics or focus on stronger subjects. (I can track strong subjects by Bounce Rate and feedback)

There are a host of other reasons that might make me throw in the towel but almost all of them relate to one of the two above.

No comments:

Post a Comment