Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Access Method - Part one

A long time alog I heard about a famous grandmaster that learnde just from notating and correcting his own mistakes. Now, that I am starting to play chess seriously I know almost all players who care about the game are doing the very same thing. My own contribution to the idea is the Access method of training. It is something I used in my professional carrier as a nuclear operator and in my other chief hobby's pool and webdesign. The Access method is centered around one central principle.

That until you correct one or many utterly weak parts of your game you can't improve on any part of your game.

That is to say that as a begginer you may give away pieces through lack of attention and even if you learn to play for astute positional advantage as long as you give away minor pieces it won't matter you will be overwhelmed and beaten.

Therefore you always get the most bang for your buck by correcting your biggest problem.

So How Does this Knowledge help You? Simple If you METHODICALLY ACCESS your weakness and systematically eliminate them you are always Imporving the area of you game that gives you the biggest skill jump per amount of time. This Yeilds to Better and Better Results In shorter Time!

This is the second Chess Entry I am Including in this Blog If you want to check out the two or three posts I had in the other blog that I have moved from the link is .

No comments:

Post a Comment